Convenience Center Will Continue Operation
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 5 a.m.
The Benton County Convenience Center will continue offering county residents a way to dispose of unwanted household items at no cost under an agreements approved Wednesday by the Benton County Solid Waste District.
At A Glance
The Benton County Convenience Center accepts household items including:
• Electronics such as radios, DVDs, VCRs, telephones, televisions, computers, monitors, printers and microwave ovens.
• Furniture including mattresses, couches, tables and chairs.
• Household bulky waste including large plastic toys, playground equipment and swing sets.
• Appliances including refrigerators, freezers, room air conditioners, dehumidifiers, icemakers, water heaters, ranges, washer and dryers.
• Scrap metal, including grills, bicycles, metal fencing and metal lawn furniture.
• Up to four passenger tires without rims per household per month. Fees apply to additional tires, tires on rims and larger tires.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.