Truck Purchase Questioned
Justices Of The Peace Concerned Procedures Not Followed
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 5 a.m.
Benton County’s justices of the peace raised questions Tuesday about the purchase of a truck by the Sheriff’s Office.
At A Glance
The Benton County Quorum Court’s Committee of 13 forwarded these items on to the full Quorum Court for consideration at its Dec. 20 meeting:
• A resolution declaring a vacancy in the office of Justice of the Peace, District 2, due to the resignation of Justice of the Peace Frank Winscott.
• An ordinance appropriating $15,000 to pay for postage used by the Benton County Clerk’s Office.
• An ordinance appropriating $23,177 for payroll for the Benton County Coroner’s Office.
• An ordinance establishing Benton County’s annual operating budget for 2013.
• An ordinance transferring $5,117 from machinery and equipment to small equipment in Benton County Circuit Court, Division 5, to purchase a new copier.
• An ordinance transferring $500,000 from the General Fund to the Road Fund to account for transfers approved through out the year.
• An ordinance to transfer $182,000 to purchase a new financial management system for the Accounting/Human Resources Department and Benton County Treasurer’s Office.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.