Intersection Redesign Could Impact Downtown
Posted: December 8, 2012 at 5:03 a.m.
The redesign of what will be the intersection of First Street and Monte Ne Road as well as an extension of Oak Street to that intersection could have a major impact on traffic in the downtown area and the area surrounding Heritage High School.
At A Glance
Rogers City Council
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Council Chambers, Rogers City Hall, 301 W. Chestnut St. Enter through the door on the northeast side of the building.
On the agenda:
• A $96,922 contract with Scurlock Industries for 78 reinforced concrete boxes for the Regional Sports Park. The boxes will be used to run the creek in the sports park under Dixieland Road.
• A $170,650 contract with Jacobs Engineering for design of moving a portion of Walnut Street near Lake Atalanta. The project will straighten some curves and improve the water quality of the creek running into the lake. The project will be paid for with street money.
• Adopting changes in the schedule of uses in the city zoning ordinance.
• Adopting the 2012 drainage manual.
• The $498,062 purchase of two pumper trucks and $759,102 for a ladder truck for the Fire Department.
• Authorizing an interlocal cooperation agreement for hazardous material response service in Benton County.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.