(Advertisement)

Gas leak in Atlanta sickens 49

500 evacuate school over carbon monoxide; no detectors on site

Posted: December 4, 2012 at 5:04 a.m.

Anxious parents crowd the entrance to Brown Middle School where students were taken after being evacuated from Finch Elementary School in Atlanta on Monday.

Potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels at an Atlanta elementary school with no detectors sent at least 42 students and seven adults to hospitals Monday and forced 500 more to evacuate, authorities said.

This story is only available from our archives.

Front Section, Pages 4 on 12/04/2012

(Advertisement)