Classrooms Staffed For Monday’s Opening
Hundreds of teachers ready to greet students
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 5:11 a.m.
When schools across Northwest Arkansas open Monday, classrooms will be adequately staffed, but school officials will keep a watchful eye on enrollment figures.
At A Glance
The average student-teacher ratio by grade as required by the Arkansas Department of Education:
• One teacher for every 10 students in early childhood education programs.
• One teacher for 20 students maximum in kindergarten or 22 students with one teacher and a qualified aide.
• One teacher for 23 students in grades one through three, with no more than 25 in any classroom.
• One teacher for every 25 students in grades four through six and no more than 28.
• In grades seven through 12, a teacher shall not be assigned a total of more than 150 students with an individual academic class not to exceed 30 students.
Source: Arkansas Department Of Education
This story is only available from our archives.