Frequently Asked Questions

Skip to: News | Sports | Photo | Outdoors | Obituaries | What's Up | Our Town | Business


Subscription Information


How can I order home delivery of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Northwest Edition and my local newspaper?

Click here to start your home or mail delivery now or call 1-800-482-1121.

I have some questions and comments about my newspaper delivery. Whom do I contact?

If you have home delivery questions or comments, please contact the Northwest Arkansas Media customer service department at 800-482-1121 or email customerservice@nwaonline.com. The newspaper's customer service staff is available from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday (CST), 6 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Saturday (CST) and 6:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Sunday (CST). Contact information for circulation department staff can be found here.


Can I pay for my newspaper subscription online?

Paying online for your subscription is easy! In order to create a login you must have your account number. If you don't know your account number, call 1-800-482-1182. You can pay for your subscription over a secured Internet page by clicking here.


What if I didn't receive my newspaper?

Please contact the Northwest Arkansas Media customer service department at 800-482-1121 or via email by clicking here. The newspaper's customer service staff is available from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday (CST), 6 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Saturday (CST) and 6:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Sunday (CST).


How do I suspend delivery of the Northwest Arkansas Media newspapers, or notify the circulation department about missed papers?

You may suspend delivery of your paper by contacting the Northwest Arkansas Media customer service department at 1-800-482-1121 or email customerservice@nwaonline.com by clicking here. The newspaper's customer service staff is available from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday (CST), 6 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Saturday (CST) and 6:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Sunday (CST). Or you can visit https://www.mypaper.arkansasonline.com to suspend delivery using "My Paper".

Can I purchase back-issue print editions of the Northwest Arkansas Media newspapers?

Northwest Arkansas Media retains back issues from the past 6 months. Delivery usually takes 7-10 days. Delivery prices for Monday – Saturday issues are $2.75 for Sunday in area $6.25 out of area $9.85. Email deliveryservice@nwaonline.com to request back issues, please include your name, address and phone number.


What is the general mailing address and phone number for the Northwest Arkansas Media newspapers?

P.O. Box 1187
Fayetteville, AR 72702


I’ve forgotten or lost my password. What do I do?

If you have forgotten your password, click here. You will be prompted to enter your email address. Click "Submit," and a new password will be sent to you email inbox. A new password will be emailed to the address you typed in. To change the automatically generated password, follow the instructions included in the email message.

If you can't find your new password in your email inbox, please check your junk or bulk email folder. The password may have been falsely identified as possible spam material. If you are still having problems, please contact us at 1-800-482-1121. The newspaper’s customer service staff is available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Friday (CST). A customer service agent will be able to assist you.




How do I report something I think is newsworthy?

Speak to or email* the local editor of the appropriate newspaper:

Benton County Daily Record

Mike Jones

Northwest Arkansas Times

Donna Lonchar

Rogers Morning News

Leeanna Walker

Springdale Morning News

Leeanna Walker

*If submitting via email, please include your name and daytime contact information.

For breaking news after 6 p.m.

Speak to the news desk: 479-872-5032


How do I submit a story idea?

Story ideas can be submitted by calling the appropriate editor or via email. If submitting an idea in writing, please include your name and daytime contact information.


Where are the newspaper offices located?

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: 2560 N. Lowell Road, Springdale, AR 72764
Benton County Daily Record: 104 S.W. A St., Bentonville, AR 72712
Northwest Arkansas Times: 212 N. East Ave., Fayetteville, AR 72702
Rogers Morning News: 313 S. Second St., Rogers, AR 72756
Springdale Morning News: 2560 N. Lowell Road, Springdale, AR 72764




How do I submit team photos?

Team photos of championship teams may be submitted to sports@nwaonline.com, or printed copies of the photo may be dropped off at any of the four Northwest Arkansas Newspaper offices or mailed to Springdale Morning News, 2560 N. Lowell Road, Springdale, 72765, att. Chip Souza. Printed photos must be on standard photo paper and not off of a color printer. Emailed photos should be a high-resolution jpg photo and must include the names of the players and coaches in order. In order to be considered for publication, the team must have won the championship of a tournament or league.


How do I submit a sports calendar item?

Items for the sports calendar may be emailed to sports@nwaonline.com or faxed to 479-872-5055. No private business or instruction information will be published in the calendar.


How do I submit sports scores?

Call the Northwest Arkansas Newspapers sports desk at 479-872-5176 Monday-Friday until 10 p.m. or Saturday until 4 p.m.


How do I submit a Home Team story idea?

If you know an interesting sports story in the community, email sports@nwaonline.com or call the sports editor at 479-872-5131.




Where do I go to get prints of photos that published in the newspaper.

For a photo that published in the Benton County Daily Record, Rogers Morning News, Springdale Morning News or Northwest Arkansas Times  go to: http://nwaonline.com/photoreprints.


Looking for a photo that did not publish in the print edition?

There are two places to look:

Northwest Arkansas Newspapers' reprint site where all photos that published in the paper and on the web, along with any extra photos, are posted for readers to purchase at http://nwaonline.com/photoreprints

The Northwest Arkansas Newspapers photographer's photo blog: http://photos.nwaonline.com/


I know a Northwest Arkansas Newspaper photographer took my photo, but I did not see the image in the newspaper, on nwaonline.com or on the photographers blog. How can I see the photo or get a print of it?

Send a detailed email to the photo department at photos@nwaonline.com. You may also call the Photo Desk at 479-872-5038.

Please include the following information:

  • Date the photo was taken
  • Place the photo was taken
  • Description of the event or situation
  • Name of photographer and/or physical description


How do I get a photograph that was taken by a Arkansas Democrat Gazette photographer?

 You may call the Democrat Gazette's photo desk at 479-365-2963.




When Is Outdoors published?

The Outdoors section is published each Thursday in the Benton County Daily Record, Rogers Morning News, Springdale Morning News and Northwest Arkansas Times and at www.nwaonline.com.


What does the Outdoors section cover?

Primarily news related to outdoor recreation such as fishing, hunting, hiking, canoeing, camping, shooting, bicycling, birding, nature and related activities.


Who should I talk to about Outdoors news?

Flip Putthoff, 479-619-2544 or by email


How do I submit an announcement about a fishing tournament, meeting, seminar or other outdoor-related event?

Email is preferred. Send email to Flip Putthoff, fputthoff@nwaonline.net. Announcements are also accepted over the telephone at 479-619-2544 or by postal mail to Flip Putthoff, Rogers Morning News, 313 S. Second St., Rogers, Ark. 72756. Announcements must be received by Tuesday noon to be included in the Outdoors section that Thursday.


How do I get the results of a fishing tournament in the paper?

List the first and last names of the anglers, how many fish they had and the weight. For example: First, John Doe, five bass, 15.15 pounds; second, Jane Doe, four bass, 12.12 pounds, etc. Full names must be included, not just initials. List as many as the top five places and big bass. If possible, include what bait most of the fish were caught on during the tournament. Follow the same guidelines for submitting results as for submitting announcements. Results must be received by noon on the first Tuesday following the tournament day. Example: If the tournament was held on Saturday, May 7, results must be received by noon, Tuesday, May 10 to be published.


How do I submit a photograph?

Fish photos and game trophy photos are published as space allows. Please limit game photos to youth hunters unless it is a truly exceptional animal. Email photos to Flip Putthoff. Printed photos must be on standard photo paper and not off of a color printer. Emailed photos should be a high-resolution jpg photo. The photo must show a person holding the fish or animal. Include all information such as the name, where he or she lives, when the fish or game was taken and where, on what bait or lure and any other pertinent information. Include a daytime telephone number.




How much does it cost to publish an obituary?

The first 50 words of an obituary are published free. Beginning with the 51st word, the rate is 30 cents per word to publish in one county or 45 cents a word for both counties: Benton County  (Benton County Daily Record and Rogers Morning News) and Washington County (Northwest Arkansas Times and Springdale Morning News).


What about a photograph?

A photograph costs an additional $10.


How do I know how much it will cost?

You can request an estimate when you submit the obituary.


How do we pay?

We bill funeral homes for what they submit and they pass on the charges to the family. If an individual is paying, we prefer credit card information by phone.


Can we put in an obituary for free?

If the obituary submitted is 50 words or less, it will publish for free.


What information is included in a free obituary?

It's written in news style with specific facts of birth and death; occupation or hobbies; military service; survivors and their city of residence for spouse and children; mother, father and siblings who survive only if they currently live in Northwest Arkansas; siblings who do not live in the area, grandchildren and great-grandchildren by numbers only;  date, time and place of visitation, funeral and burial. No other information is  included in a free obituary. There are no photos with free obituaries.


What if the deceased was a veteran?

Put that fact in the obituary. We add a U.S. flag symbol to both paid and free obituaries.


How do I submit an obituary to the paper?

Obituaries should be sent by the funeral home, even if out-of-state, to: news@nwaonline.com. In the subject line, please put: Obituary and the deceased's last name.


What if our funeral home or cremation service won't send it?

We will accept obituaries from the family's designee, but we need someone from a funeral home, hospital or other official to verify the death.


What if we don't have email?

Fax it to 479-872-5055 or someone can bring an obituary to our offices (Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale or Fayetteville). For a map to our offices, click on “Contact” at the top of the screen.


How quickly will it get in the paper?

If it arrives by 3 p.m., obituaries will be in the next day’s edition. Free obituaries may be delayed by lack of space.


What if we want an obituary in a weekly paper that's listed on this site?

Contact the weekly papers directly as to their policies and deadlines. You can click on links at the top of the screen.


How do we get the obituary printed in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette?

If you want it in the 12 Northwest Arkansas counties where the Northwest edition of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is delivered, call the advertising department in Little Rock at 501-378-3889. All are paid obituaries.


I can't find the obituaries on the www.nwaonline.com site.

Click on News in the blue bar near the upper left corner, then “obituaries” appears in the menu. Or you can scroll down to the bottom of the page; in the list at the left under NWA Media, click on “obituaries.”


It says I have to subscribe to see obituaries online. I just want to see one today.

Print subscribers can get free access once they register online. For nonsubscribers, it costs 99 cents on your credit card. Scroll down to “24 hour Day Pass” and click. Fill in your information.


Who do I contact with questions?

On weekdays, Sue Morris at 479-872-5002; or
In Benton County — Teresa Hufford at 479-271-3713; or,
In Washington County — Brandi Sellers at 479-571-6418.
On weekends, 479-872-5032 between noon and 6 p.m. Saturday and after 3 p.m. on Sundays.


What’s Up



Editor Becca Bacon Martin, 479-872-5054 or by email
Music reporter Kevin Kinder, 479-872-5188 or by email


What kind of event can be listed in What's Up?

It must be a related to theater, art, music or entertainment of some kind, including outdoor festivals.


How do I get it listed?

Email information to Becca Bacon Martin, What's Up editor, at least two weeks before the event.


Where does What's Up circulate?

In the 12 counties served by Benton County Daily Record, Rogers Morning News,  Springdale Morning News, Northwest Arkansas Times and the Northwest Arkansas edition of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.


When does What's Up appear?

Every Friday.


What's the deadline for submissions?

No later than 5 p.m. Monday before the Friday you wish your event to appear. To be considered for a feature story, at least two weeks before the event.


Can I pay for a story in What's Up?

No. The stories are editorial content, including the restaurant stories.


How are restaurants selected?

The restaurants featured are new, have had changes in theme or menu, are venerable or are in unusual locations. Suggestions for restaurants to feature may be emailed to the editor.


Our Town


How can I submit a wedding, engagement or anniversary announcement?

Go to www.nwaonline.com/features and click on the appropriate link.

If you would prefer to submit information in person, you may visit any of the four local daily newspaper offices — the Benton County Daily Record at 204 S.W. A St. in Bentonville, the Rogers Morning News at 313 S. Second St. in Rogers, the Springdale Morning News at 2560 N. Lowell Road in Springdale, or the Northwest Arkansas Times at 212 N. East St. in Fayetteville.


Where do wedding, engagement or anniversary announcements publish?

The announcements appear on Sunday in the combined Profiles and Our Town section. This is section D of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.


What is the deadline for submission?

4 p.m. Tuesday.


My son/daughter received a scholarship. Do you publish this information?

Yes. You can send the information by email to ourtown@nwaonline.com or you can send it by regular mail to Our Town, Northwest Arkansas Newspapers, 2560 N. Lowell Road, Springdale, 72765-0007.


I would like to have information about my civic organization published. Where can I send it?

Send to ourtown@nwaonline.com or if you are mailing it, send to Teresa Hufford, Benton County Daily Record, 204 S.W. A St., Bentonville, AR 72712.




Can we get our new hires and promotions mentioned?

The People in Business column in the Sunday business section publishes in the  Benton County Record, Rogers Morning News, Springdale Morning News, and Northwest Arkansas Times and circulates in Benton, Washington and Madison counties. Entries are restricted to new hires, promotions, appointments and external awards or certifications. You can submit the information with the new position and city or branch where the person will be based. Optionally, identify a previous position/employer, years in the particular profession/industry, degree and college. You may submit a head and shoulder photograph along with the item. Email the information and photo to news@nwaonline.com. Digital photos must be a high-resolution jpg. Printed photos must be on standard photo paper and can be dropped by any of our four offices.


Several employees just got important awards. Can you do a story?

We can't include internal awards; it must be something outside one's own company. Please email us the employee's name, position, the award's title, the organization giving the award and what it honors. If the award is of a more social nature, the business editor may refer the information for the Our Town section.


Can I get my company mentioned in the newspaper?

Business Briefs are restricted to businesses in Northwest Arkansas that are new, have moved, opened a new branch, changed owners or have been honored by an independent organization. Email items to news@nwaonline.com. Information will be published as space allows.


Will I be able to look an item over before it's published?

No, not for news stories. If you are placing an ad, then you have the opportunity to examine the ad copy before it's in the newspaper (or online).


We're planning a seminar for the public next month. How do we get publicity?

“On The Agenda” provides readers with information about a business development event or program sponsored by nonprofit and not-for-profit groups. Email your item to Sue Morris or mail it to P.O. Box 7, Springdale, 72765.  Information must be received by noon Wednesday prior to the Sunday the item is to be published.


How do I get something in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette?

You may contact business editor John Magsam at 479-365-2977 or by email.